Spring is here and we’ve been graced with warmer weather this season, putting me in total BBQ mode. Peppers, zucchini, beets, asparagus, any protein, pizza, peaches – I’ll grill just about anything! And it’s no surprise that most items taste better on the BBQ, that summery taste of the grill comes so easy and leaves for little clean up – huge bonus!
Over the Spring/Summer season, I thought I would share some of my favourite picks for grilling, to help excite and inspire your grilling game. 🙂 Don’t mind the iPhone shots, I was serious multi-tasking when I thought this would be a good one to share. Hope you enjoy and please share what you’re grilling up this season!
Most recently, I have been obsessed with grilled Kale. The flavours and texture add a unique twist on a regular salad. I love a raw kale salad and have found that adding in a few grilled leaves makes it even more amazing. It puts an interesting spin on a classic dish and helps change things up from salad to salad when you have a garden full of Kale – which I can’t wait for!
My Classic Kale recipe is oh so simple:
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 parts olive oil
- 1 part lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt, pepper
- Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Massage dressing onto the raw kale. The longer it sits, the more delicious it gets.
- Grill a couple plain leaves and tear into the dressed salad and enjoy!
- Add toppers if I have them on hand, currants, pine nuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, whatever might be in the cupboard.
Next up, which has become a new favourite summer appetizer/snack of mine is from Canadian Living’s Summer Best special issue. Their recipe for Grilled Sesame Edamame is ahhh-mazing!!! As soon as I came across this one I knew it would be a winner, seriously so YUMMMM!!!
Grilled Sesame Edamame
- 500 g edamame (defrosted)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesames
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- Skewer defrosted edamame, heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill edamame until golden 8-10 minutes.
- Toss in sesame oil, top with sesame seeds and salt.
- Serve warm.
Stay tuned for more of my favourite BBQ picks and don’t forget to share yours on instagram – #delsdish #delsgrill
Get Grilling! xx