Spring is here and we’ve been graced with warmer weather this season, putting me in total BBQ mode. Peppers, zucchini, beets, asparagus, any protein, pizza, peaches – I’ll grill just about anything! And it’s no surprise that most items taste better on the BBQ, that summery taste of the grill comes so easy and leaves for little clean up – huge bonus!
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 parts olive oil
- 1 part lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt, pepper
- Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, zest, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Massage dressing onto the raw kale. The longer it sits, the more delicious it gets.
- Grill a couple plain leaves and tear into the dressed salad and enjoy!
- Add toppers if I have them on hand, currants, pine nuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, whatever might be in the cupboard.
- 500 g edamame (defrosted)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesames
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- Skewer defrosted edamame, heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill edamame until golden 8-10 minutes.
- Toss in sesame oil, top with sesame seeds and salt.
- Serve warm.
Stay tuned for more of my favourite BBQ picks and don’t forget to share yours on instagram – #delsdish #delsgrill