It’s that time of year again when I like to stock pile my freezer full of warm cozy soups! It has become tradition that each year, my mom and I plan a weekend full of Fall things and soup making is always top of the list.
We made our lists, hit up the local market, made an action plan, cranked the tunes and got our cook on! Our organization and quick kitchen artistry was so on point. Seriously, our soup game was so strong that we cranked out a selection of 7 soups for the season. I’ll be sure to share you these recipes over the next couple weeks.
- Roasted Tomato
- Sweet Tomato Corn Bisque
- Butternut Squash
- Roasted Cauliflower & Leek
- Hearty Black Bean
Today I am dishing on one of my favourites – Roasted Cauliflower & Leek. YUM!!
Roasted Cauliflower & Leek Soup (yields 6-8 servings)
- whole cauliflower cut in 2-inch florets
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp earth balance butter (or unsalted butter/margarine of choice)
- 2-3 leeks (white and light green parts only), halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 900 ml package of vegetable broth (don’t be afraid to add more if needed)
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp himalayan sea salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp ground pepper (to taste)
- Place cauliflower on parchment lined baking sheet; drizzle with oil. Roast in oven at 425 F, turning occasionally, until very deep golden on all sides, about 45 minutes to an hour. The darker you roast it the richer the taste will be. Just do not burn!
- In soup pot, melt butter over medium heat; cook leeks and garlic, stirring, until leeks are softened, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add in dijon and mix.
- Add in vegetable broth + roasted cauliflower. Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Use hand blender to puree the cauliflower and leek mixture. Blend until smooth. Add more broth if needed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes and serve.