Who said you couldn’t have your greens in a warm and cozy cup… Ok not quite… But a good cup of Matcha offers many benefits to help kick off your day. This miracle elixir has been around for over a thousand years and is ever growing in popularity. While the best can be found at small Chinese tea shops, Matcha is easily available at most major tea and coffee retailers, when you are looking for convenience. I’ll often get my fix at Starbucks if needed and on the go. However, nothing beats sitting back and relaxing with a warm cup of greens before starting the day. Finding that moment of peace and calm in a delicious cup is beyond comforting.
It’s well known that Matcha is a ‘superfood’ we should not ignore. There are loads and loads of benefits that should be well noted and celebrated with each latte you make. Here are a few that are top in my books –
- high in antioxidants, exponentially more than any other ‘superfood’
- loaded with catchin EGCg, which is most powerful with cancer fighting properties
- L-Theanine helps in calming, aiding in relaxation and meditation efforts
- L-Theanine also produces dopamine and serotonin which enhance memory and concentration
- a clean energy boost from combined nutrients vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- rich with chlorophyll, naturally detoxifying the body
- boost to one’s metabolism, helping burn calories
- natural antibiotic properties that fortify and stregthen the immune system
- health properties that help fight heart disease, improve cholesterol and lower blood sugar
Making the perfect Matcha is kind of a no brainer, but here you’ll find a few of my special touches. This recipe yields 2 servings.
2 teaspoons of Matcha, 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, drizzle of maple syrup or coconut agave syrup.
- Whisk the Matcha with a tbsp of water to get rid of lumps and clumps
- In a small saucepan, bring the milk of your choice to a simmer over medium heat
- Boil water in kettle
- Add Matcha and sweetener to simmering milk
- Fill mug with half water, half Matcha milk
Matcha On. xx