I love Mexican flavours and try to often think of interesting ways to incorporate the flavour profiles outside of the beloved taco. Even though, I could eat taco’s every single day!
After a little inspiration from Pinch of Yum, this Chipotle Sweet Potato Noodle recipe is a new favourite dish added to the weeknight rotation!
Sweet, spicy, smokey, hearty and fresh; this noodle recipe is simple and healthy and an easy go-to recipe to whip up. The chipotle dressing and sweet potato noodles make for an amazing base that you can simply add any toppings of your choice and you are set for a delicious meal. I worked with what I had on hand, peppers, tomatoes, jalapeno, kale, avocado, pepitas, goat feta, and cilantro. However, this would be equally as awesome with some black beans and roasted corn. And you can easily omit the cheese to keep this vegan friendly.
Here’s the dish –
- olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup chopped greens – kale, spinach, arugula, etc (I love black kale!)
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas
- 1/4 cup goat feta or cojita (or opt for no cheese)
Chipotle Lime Dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- juice of one orange
- juice of one lime
- 2-4 individual chipotle peppers, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon agave or honey
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chopped peppers and saute until soft.
- Pulse the dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Taste and adjust to your liking.
- Remove, wipe skillet and add a little more olive oil over medium heat. Add the sweet potato noodles and toss for a minute or two until softened (no more than 5). Also, toss in a 2 TBSP of the dressing to coat noodles.
- Once slightly cooked, toss the noodles, peppers, kale, cilantro, and pepitas together.
- Toss with the salad ingredients and top with tomato, avocado and crumbled cheese.
Dig In. xx