I love a good cup of java and all the cute coffee shops and feelings that come with each cup! This really is one of life’s simple joys. And as the Fall season sets in, I love to indulge in a good ol’ Pumpkin Spice Latte. Lately though, I have been reluctant to regularly indulge in the PSL we all know and love and find that often I am choosing this option more so for the convenience aspect and here’s why…. Homemade PSL’s!
These are so much better than and pumpkin syrup just does not compare. You control the sweetness, the spice and know exactly what goes into each cup. Plus, the $5+ spent on each cup is much more welcomed in my pocket!
So this Thanksgiving weekend, cuddle up on the couch with this homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte and enjoy yourself and all the things we have to be thankful for: 🙂
Pumpkin Spice Latte (yields 2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 4 tbsp pumpkin purée
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup (you can add this in as you go to suit your sweet tooth)
- 1/8 tsp salt (optional)
- 4 oz brewed espresso or strong coffee
- 2 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
- Mix spices with vanilla and maple syrup to create a paste.
- Heat milk on low, add in pumpkin puree, and spice mixture. Whisk until smooth. (don’t be afraid to add more sweetness or spice if you prefer)
- Brew Espresso.
- Pour Espresso and top with pumpkin spice milk mixture.
- If you are feeling fancy, top with whip or frothy milk.