It’s October! Which means we’ve entered the blitz of pumpkin everything and there are no complaints here.
As new products hit the shelves, I am easily intrigued by all the new variations of Fall. Pumpkin has literally taken over the grocery aisles and I’m suddenly set for all things Fall. I’ll be perfectly honest when I say that I love me some good ol’ pumpkin spice – the famous PSL, tasty pumpkin ales (or not so tasty lol), and every type of pumpkin dessert imaginable. I do my best in keeping up with the pumpkins. 🙂 And best yet, I have been experimenting at home, which usually brings an even better version of the things we love without the fake pumpkin flavour and extra sugar!
Pumpkin Spice Smoothie (yields 4 cups)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 pitted medjool dates
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1.5-2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the milk, oats, and chia seeds. Place in fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Add soaked oat mixture to blender along with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add ice to make it more refreshing and top it with your favourite whip to make it extra fancy and sweet!
The PSS works great for breaky or dessert and is a quick way to satisfy that pumpkin craving!
Pumpkin On! xx