These superfood energy balls are loaded with all the goodness. From heart-healthy oats, natural almond butter and medjool dates as a base, to loading in any of your other superfood hero’s. Chia, pumpkin seeds,and hemp hearts are my usual go to’s when looking for a big nutritious punch. To sweeten up this snack, add in some antioxidant berries (in this recipe I used a great cherry, cranberry, blueberry mix) or if you want to indulge, add in some dark chocolate chips.
These balls come together in a quick 10 minutes or so and you can easily adapt to your liking. I’ll share my other go to recipe soon!
These are a great snack on the go and make for the perfect pre or post workout snack, plus they will leave you feeling guilt-free if you’re just looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Superfood Energy Balls (yields ~12)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup almond butter (or your choice of nut butter)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp chia
- 2 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp favorite dried fruit
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (honey or brown rice syrup works well too)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine dates, almond butter, dried berries and maple syrup in food processor and pulse until dates are fully chopped and everything is combined
- In a bowl mix together oats, flax seed, chia, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon
- Add date and almond butter mixture and stir until fully combined. If the mixture is not quite sticky enough for you (this can vary depending on the nut butter you use) just add a bit more maple syrup or nut butter into the mixture
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Place balls into an airtight container and store in the fridge or freezer for snacking throughout the week
Snack on! xx
Those look amazing, will have to give them a go sometime!
Thanks! I am sure you will enjoy! 🙂
Thanks Del! You’re awesome.
Thanks Coulter! Appreciate the support 🙂