For the love of coconut, when a friend of mine shared this muffin recipe I literally went bananas. How did I not think of this sweet little treat sooner, however within hours I was baking my own batch. Warm from the oven, I knew these would be a household winner. And sure’y, they were!
A twist on a traditional banana muffin, these are sweet and bright, delectably comforting and easy peasy to make! They are my new go to muffin recipe and I’ll be sure to experiment ways to make them more coconutty. 🙂
Coconut Banana Muffins (yields 12-18)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup earth balance buttery spread or unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line muffin cups with paper muffin liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and 1/2 cup coconut in a large bowl until combined well.
- Fold in flour mixture until flour is just moistened.
- Divide batter among lined muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake until muffins are puffed and golden, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer muffins to a rack and cool slightly.