The tiny chia seed is a powerhouse of nutrients. It’s loaded with fiber, calcium, maganese, omega 3 fatty acids, protein, and various antioxidants. All of which offer benefits to our heart, brain, digestive, bone and oral health. No wonder it’s a superfood!
You can easily add the chia seed into your daily diet due to its tasteless nature. I find it easiest to sprinkle on salads, add it to smoothies, or most favourably- chia pudding!
This recipe comes together easily and you can top it however you like. Interchangeably chia pudding makes a great breakfast or dessert. And an added bonus, this recipe is vegan, raw, and gluten-free.
Chia Pudding (2 servings)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract or maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp of unsweetened coconut
- any toppings of your choice – fresh fruit, raw nuts, coconut are my go-to
- Combine almond milk, vanilla extract, chia seeds in a jar and shake until combined
- Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours or leave overnight
- Remove from fridge, stir in coconut and mix until smooth
- Serve with your favourite toppings