For those of you who know me, you know that I love my greens and am always finding new interesting ways to get my daily fix. A while back I was looking to switch up my daily green routine and I had done a 30 day Green Smoothie Challenge through Young & Raw (which I highly recommend!) Not only did I have this new found energy in the mornings, but it was super interesting. Each week, a new herb was introduced along with a list of benefits it provided. Side note: I highly suggest you download their app for new ideas- you will not be disappointed!
One variation of Greens that is so easy and simply delicious; and now part of my regular roster is as follows:
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of kale
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- Handful of parsley
- Handful of ice
Now I have never been a big parsley fan, but I am glad I gave it a go, because it was truly so refreshing!
And the benefits of parsley- who knew!
- Rich in vitamins, C, B12, K, A, and minerals iron and potassium. Aids in keeping the immune system strong, strengthens bones, heals the nervous system and fights off pathogens
- Flushes out excess fluid from the body, supporting kidney and bladder function
- Helps with detox and cleansing of the colon, aiding in digestion
- Regular use can help control your blood pressure
- Anti-inflammatory properties, relieve joint pain
- Freshens your Breath